Friday 25 October 2019

Futsal!

This term the seniors are learning how to play Futsal. If you don't know what that is, it is a variant of association football played on a hard court, smaller than a football pitch, and mainly indoors. It features similarities to five-a-side football. Futsal is played between two teams of five players each, one of whom is the goalkeeper.
Our coaches Kingsley and Luke have been teaching us how to 'dribble', 'juggle' and freeze. We do warm ups where they call "dribble!" And we all dribble our balls around the hall till they call a part of our body out like "Elbow." We then have to stop our ball and put that part of the body on the ball, holding it still without using our hands. This is a lot of fun.
We also play Numbers, this is where we are numbered up in two lines 1-10 opposite each other. Kingsley calls one or two numbers and we race to the centre and try to score a goal against the opposing person with the same number. 
We are really enjoying Futsal and can't wait till we start playing a full game. Our dribbling skills are improving each week.







9 comments:

  1. Hi Te wake Ako! It is Nikhil. I love looking at all the cool skills you have in Futsal. I know it is very fun. I like the way yout told us what you did and what skills yoou learnt. MAybe next time you do a post you could add a few more photosor a vidio. If you would like to visit my blog go to
    https://wpsnikhilg.blogspot.com/
    And you can see my post on Futsal!
    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I that the numbers game was the most fun, and whenever I play my number, I always end up missing the goal, or ending up IN the goal (my side's) trying to stop the ball from going in. I hope we continue Futsal next year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Tyson and I am from Te Waka Ako I liked how you added a lot of photos but not alot of writing I enjoyed how that you wrote this term the seniors that was a good part because it explains that you are an adult or a teacher. Bye please come and check my blog! https://wpstysond.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how well you explained what we did in the seseon. I presonly do not like how you changed the font you were using randomly at the start. I also liked how you put in the names of the couchs and how you explained every thing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi te wake ake I am mahan i love the cool skills that you guys have in futsal.I love the game I think that it is the best activite ever that we have at school I would love to do it again next year. I love the games that we play at the end of the lessons.
    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Torian and the thing I liked was how added these cool photo's and how you guys played bibs and non bibs that was really cool, and I am happy with all of the punctuation and everything pretty much and if you want to see my blog go to http://wpstorianr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia Ora Miss Daly. Exquisite blog about Fustal. And it's really fun with Kingsley and Luke! It's kind of weird that our class (Hauraki) calls him Leon. But that doesn't matter. Inconceivable pictures! Waitamata looks like they had a great job. Speaking of pictures I think you used to much. Mahi Pai _-Teuila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Waitemata I was reading your blogs and it looks like you have a lot of tricks in the photo and also I liked they ways you explained the session, I think that the sessions are really helping people learn how to do different tricks so yeah that all I have to say good job Waitemata.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Te Waka Ako I am jihu and I liked your photos but I think you should put some more writing next time but a lot of tricks and skills there. I think it was a good blog anyway so good job Waitemata.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...