Saturday 10 April 2021

Movement Art

 For one of our Visual Art activities we decided to mix together our learning about colour and physical activity. In our colour learning we looked at Primary, Secondary and Tertiary colour wheels. Then we looked at warm and cool colours and created landscapes with the land in warm colours and the sky in cool colours. In our Inquiry we have been looking at Taha Tinana - Physical Wellbeing. This term we focused on different sports and activities that include movement. So we are creating drawings of movement with colour radiating out from hot to really cool. 




First we took photos of people making different movements. Then we drew them in our art books. We had to choose one figure and draw it as a silhouette on a sheet of paper, then draw 8-10 lines around the figure until we reached the end of the page. The figure we are filling in black with vivid, the radiating lines are colour pencil from yellow out to black again. This process is not finished. More photos will be added next week as we complete our art pieces. 


8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Waka Ako, I like how you incorporated physical activity into your Visual Art. I also like the process involved in creating the figure. I look forward to seeing the end result. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these action going on in your movement art! The art seem's to be going well. Did you enjoy making it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi blog buddies! I'm Rukia from New Windsor School. Wow! I love your art pieces. They look really cool. I like how you guys have been creative. Maybe you could use a big piece of black paper as your background. It would like nice and a bit more outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most coolest action poses I have ever see you guys should be in a Action movie.From Jeyda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Khyani i am from pt England school. this is really cool what you have done can't wait to see more.from Khyani

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi my name is Paulah (paul-ah) and im from pt england school I would just like to say that these are the most creative and cool moves ive ever seen,
    yours truely paulah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi My name is Kolotita I go to Pt England school. I love how the 2nd photo looks like the Statue of Liberty and I love your colourful drawings. By Kolotita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Te Waka Ako it's Caja I really miss you guys so much and my goal for this year is sometime this year i will come and see you all because i miss you guys sooooo much i cry because i miss everyone and how is is this year going. love you all love from caja

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...