Monday 17 May 2021

Year 6 Trip to Spark Arena!

Do you guys know who Suzy Cato is? Remember Suzy's World? Well she and Brendan Hines (the CEO of Spark Arena) decided to invite some Year 6's from various schools to Spark Arena for a most amazing experience!

First the teachers had to get a selfie with Suzy ๐Ÿ˜€


The first experience was...THE HAPPY PLACE. You might have heard of it, it's an awesome experience full of sensory rooms that made us, well....happy! The first was the ball pit. We all jumped in, including the teachers. It was very deep and hard to climb out of. We almost lost Faith, Nijel and Ms Sands! There were other crazy rooms like the chain and mirrors room, the sunflower room, the upside down room, and a globe that had confetti flying around. Here are some photos.

















Next we went to The Sounds Fun Experience. This was in The Tuning Fork (where they had just had the NZ Childrens Music Awards). We were taught how to play trumpets, trombones, electric drums and more. We also learned from a recording studio manager (Barnaby) how to use a loop machine to create music with lots of instrument, beats and even our voices.






Lastly we went to the amazing Van Gogh Experience. This was a walk through digital multi-sensory exhibit of Van Gogh's paintings. The exhibit followed the different styles, influences and subjects he painted in his lifetime, along with the story of his life. It was incredible to see these paintings come alive with digital enhancements accompanied by classical music.








Not only did we get to see and experience all of this, but we even got provided with a yummy packed lunch at the end! How lucky were we!!!!

We are very grateful to all of those who made this happen. What an incredible experience. Tino ataahua.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like the BEST DAY EVER!!! I really like how you have used so many photos of all the different things you got to do (and nice to see the teachers joining in). What was your favourite part? It reminds me of how fun class trips can be. Next time I think you should invite the middle school teachers along too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are lucky Year 6s! All three of those events are awesome. I’ve been to see Van Gogh Alive too. I thought it was interesting when they put scent that matched the paintings. It was fun to see how some of my favourite pictures were animated as well.
    I’m a bit jealous of your musical experience at Sounds Fun. I bet your lips were tingling after trying all those brass instruments. I’d love to hear a sample of the music you made.
    Thanks for sharing your fabulous day.
    Mrs McLellan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! There are so many things to do! What an awesome experience. I love all the totally different things that you all got to do! Middle school should go next! Was anyone really proud of the loop they made in the Sounds experience? Exciting times, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora year 6s, That looked fun. I really like how Miss Jones, Miss Daly and Miss Sands did a slo mo. I wish I went spark arena. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Brayden and I liked the way you explained what you did on the spark arena trip, I hoped you enjoyed it, Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora year 6s your trip look fun from what I saw. Right now I am so jealous because your trip looks way better than ours. I wish that the year 5s go to Spark Arena and the year 6s go to Stardome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I wish I was there but I wasn't there on that day when that had happened but it looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia Ora , my name is and I am a Year 3 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like how you showed the teachers jump in slow motion!
    It made me think about a bunch of Movies . Have you thought about sharing about Kapa Haka? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://teanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ki Ora Te Waka Ako, remember when I said I might not come Miss Daly? I was telling the truth. Anyway sounds like what you did was fun. But I still had an awesome time with the year 5's and Miss M'Grath. I love the pictures of the Ball pit,the cookie,the upside down room and that video of you jumping in the Ball pit. The bath tub with the ducks just gives me the creeps though. Maybe next time you could choose what the teachers most enjoyed. I still find it a pity I couldn't come though... Anyway thanks for sharing your learning with us Senior School teachers. Have a great day or night and blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, my name is Jodece and I am in Haumia.
    I like how I saw you jump in the pool in the small colourful balls.
    It makes me think of when I jumped in the my pool with water.
    Maybe next time you could add more videos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey im Spencer and im from new winsor school and im commenting about your ball pit day. Is it fun to just jump in. and can you breath under the ball pit balls.?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...