Thursday 5 March 2020

Inspire = RESPECT

Te Waka Ako were very lucky to have educators from the NRL visit us to share with us a new community programme, League Stars: Inspire Respect.



Alan Tongue and David Solomona from the NRL spoke to us about what respect looks like and how we can show respect to others around us. We also discussed ways we can be the best people we can be and living and positive healthy lives.

It was really cool to hear from different players in the NRL, sharing with us how they show respect. They shared things like having good hygiene: brushing your teeth, combing your hair and looking after your skin. Making sure we drink a lot of water, having a healthy diet and having treats every now and then. Roger Tuivasa - Sheck shared, "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Back in class, we used the ideas we discussed in the workshop to help us set our Key Competency goals for Term 1.

Remember...    "Pass the ball the way you want to receive it."









9 comments:

  1. Aloha Waikowhai,
    It must’ve been an awesome time talking with the NRL.
    They had great advice too.
    What was your favourite part of the visit?
    Please visit my blog
    here
    Ma te wa
    Catalina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, my name is Brayden from Waikowhai Primary School, I liked your photos and I liked your videos so much, next time, you could add more detail in your writing. Blog you later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Te Waka Ako,
    WOW! You are so lucky to have NRL players come and visit and deliver an important message. Our school rules are: respect yourself, respect others and respect our environment. Our Term 1 value is also Respect. Do you have values each term too?
    Mฤ te wฤ,
    Room 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Hunter. I am from Ahipara school you are very lucky to see the NRL people Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Eli. I am from Ahipara school. You are very lucky to meet Roger Tuivasa Sheck I wish I was there. Next time you could have more photos of the NRL players and of you guys meeting them. Any way keep up the good work, blog you later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi my name is Pounamu and I am from
    Ahipara school and I really liked your art portraits you made me remember the time
    last year when made self portraits. You people are like artists.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...