Thursday 2 April 2020

Miss Daly in Lockdown

Hi bloggers
Well it has been over a week in lockdown and it has been a very interesting week. In my bubble I have my daughters Madilein and Kya. Kya had to leave her uni in Tauranga and come home when the lockdown started. She had only moved out at the start of February...but I am very happy to have her back home.

Madi and I have started a 30 day yoga challenge as well as doing mindfulness and yoga with Miss Ikinofo and the rest of the teachers at Waikowhai. We do this every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Zoom.
We have been very productive in our little whare. Kya has still had to sit exams while in lockdown,  so she has been studying very hard. I have been sewing and gardening. We have repotted old pot plants and have got some vegetables growing. Madi has made shampoo bars using a kit I had got her for Christmas. They are really creamy, smell divine and leave our hair so shiny. I am going to break out the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles next!  It is great to see what we can do when we aren't allowed to go places.  Get creative!

 

I hope everyone is finding interesting things to do at home with your families. Don't forget to make blog posts sharing your lockdown projects. Keep smiling and be kind to each other. Stay safe and stay home! Kia kaha.


5 comments:

  1. LOL Miss Daly! I love the yoga session sped up, it is very funny. It sounds like you are having fun filling your days up. I like the sound of the shampoo bars, I would like to get a kit and try myself. I would also love to be gardening but I am not at my home so that will have to wait. Good luck to Kya for her exams, she will be in heaven when she can get back into the ocean for her course. Kia atawhai kia kaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Daly its Arielle!Great to hear that your doing some yoga me and my mum have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video Miss Daly! We all need to fit a bit of mindfulness over the next few weeks don't we?
    We can fit so much into our days when we're not rushing around from place to place. I can't wait to smell the shampoo bars -if there's any left! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Daly,
    It seems like you've been active during lock-down. You, Kya and Madilein are getting more creative in gardening. Me and my family use 'zoom' too. We use it to check up on relatives and friends. I like the photo and video of you doing yoga. Does Kya and Madilein join in too?

    It was thrilling to hear from you, Ms Daly. I hope to hear more of the things you've done during lock-down. Have a great day, BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Daly its me Ros enjoying the video.It looks like you've been doing some yoga.

    catch you next time!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...