Tuesday 31 March 2020

Mrs Jones - Life in Lockdown!

Kia ora Te Waka Ako! 


Life in lockdown has been good so far.
In my bubble are my husband Stacey, my children Chellcey, Waiana and William. Also in my bubble are
Kobie, Chellcey’s partner, and my mum Roberta. Then we have our two dogs Jess and Poppy, who are
getting walked at the park A LOT!


We have been keeping busy doing different things. Our house goal is to exercise every day, so we have
been working out together at the park. There are lots of people at the park walking and getting fresh air
too but everyone is being careful, making sure to stay 2 metres apart.
I’ve been getting big chores around the house done, while I have everyone around to help me and they
can’t escape! Ha! Ha!


Every night we have a Kiwi quiz night. We have split into two teams and we have to answer 30 questions
using the cards from the kiwi quiz box. The losing team has to do something for the other team. My team
won the first night so the other team had to do the dinner dishes. But then we lost and so my team had to
cook breakfast for them the next morning. We’re going to try and play some other board games as well.


Have you heard about the Teddy bear in the window? People have been placing teddy bears in windows
at the front of their houses, so children can look for them when they go for walks around their
neighborhoods. I thought that was such a neat idea and I have put some in our front window too. Maybe
your family could put a teddy in your window too?

I look forward to reading on your blogs what you have been up to. What has been the best thing/activity
you have done so far?

8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mrs Jones. I liked how you put your title called Mrs Jones Life in lockdown. I even liked how you shared a lot of facts that made me think of the lockdown a lot and I liked the picture you made. I hope you have fun at home. Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Shreyas. I'm glad you liked my title. I didn't colour the lion, my daughter Waiana did. What fun activities have you been doing Shreyas?
      Blog you later!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mrs Jones, how are u? The best thing that I mostly did in the holidays is playing with my baby brother he;s been saying a lot of words now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Aamena. I am good thank you, how about you? Your little brother is very lucky that he is an attentive big sister like you. What are some of the words he can now say? Thank you for being such an awesome blogger too. You have been commenting on lots of peoples blogs.

      Delete
  3. Heya Jones family, I live the evening quiz idea in teams that then have to do things for the winners. that sounds heaps of fun. Also the exercising together would be great motivation. We have been watching out for teddy bears on our walks with Micah. One day a young girl was standing in the window by her bears waiting. She was so happy when we stopped and looked and waved to her. I think it is a great idea. Unfortunately we live down a long drive so haven't put one in the window. Shannon has been doing many jobs around the house before the baby comes though. Best wishes to all. Kia atawhai kia kaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Jones, life in your bubble sounds like a lot of fun. The quiz idea sounds brilliant, we've created a shared social media group with our 6 neighbouring houses, and we've shared some quiz ideas across the street which has been fun too. I think the idea of exercising every day sounds really good for your wellbeing. I am trying to go out for a walk every day. It was also cool to be part of Miss Ikinofo's Mindfulness class, I hope lots of students are joining in with the Tuesday and Thursday sessions, I know the invitation was sent out through SeeSaw. Keep us up to date with the fun in your house. Stay well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Mrs Jones,
    I love your blogpost. The lion looks very cool and very colourful. You have quite a lot of people in your bubble. In my bubble, there is: My 2 siblings, Travis and Josie and my 2 parents, Sally and Ieremia. As you can see, we have no pets in our bubble. The Kiwi Quiz game sounds like a lot of fun. Who's in your group? It would be really cool if each dog is in each group. They could be your little mascots!

    It was lovely to hear from you, Mrs Jones. Have a great week and
    Blog you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mrs Jones
    I really like to try out kiwi quiz it sounds like a really fun fantastic cool game. I've also done a lot of chores lately it was exhaustingly fun I really like the picture. I hope you have a great holiday bye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Te Waka Ako 22 - 2 - 2022!

 Welcome back to Te Waka Ako for 2022! A new year and a few changes for our syndicate. Our space is made up of a combination of Year 4, 5 &a...